Monday 25 March 2019

Stumped!

 This week has been the start of planting out.  One batch of first early potatoes are in and the Parsley is planted out.  The rhubarb is coming on and Rosie used some to make a crumble over the weekend. The next project is to replant the gooseberry bed to replace old and woody plants this time.
 Over the last two weeks I have been pecking away at one of the Leylandii stumps at the top of the garden.  Today was the day to cut the tap roots and haul the stump out.  I had to remove a hundredweight of compacted clay soil from the base to make it manageable to move.
 The stump is now with some smaller ones I took out, sitting under the side hedge to block the gap in the fence where next doors dog was sneaking through.  When I have the last stump out I shall order a skip and clear the garden debris and timber away.
With the hole filled in, it seems that there was nothing there to speak off.  I expect the other stump to be gone in a month.  Nice to have some good weather for a change.

No comments: