Monday 28 July 2008

Freedom Day

Today is freedom day for our rescue starling. I have been putting it onto high perches in the garage to encourage it to use its wings and today it needs to put all of its development and training into practice. "this is where your food comes from now"
Well not quite, I allowed it to empty its feeding bowl of meal worms first. Then it was off to the trees for its first taste of freedom.
I did continue the training for a while, placing meal worms under a holly bush so that it could practice turning leaves and stones.
I hope that it will discover the local starlings and join in with them. It is a little too imprinted on me for my liking, but judging by its reactions after a couple of hours of freedom it should become an independent bird very soon.
Goodbye and Good luck!

No comments: