Sunday 24 October 2010

The Autumn Moon

 When I got up this morning the sky was clear and the moon was full.  I thought the moon would make a good photograph, so I took my snapshot camera to its optical limits and this is the result.  I am sure that it would have been a better photograph if I had braved the cold instead of taking the shot through the double glazing.  Still, it is a satisfying image.
 Later in the day we ventured to Staunton Harold to look at the woodland plantations.  I snapped a couple of kestrels hunting over the Walnut Plantations.
 For fun, I overlaid a kestrel image on one of my moon pictures.  With a little more care, this could make a splendid picture - if only it was an owl!
 Autumn is very real now that my Liriodendron (Tulip tree) has turned yellow.  It is a striking colour when the sun is bright and has a distinct visual impact at this time of year.  It will not be long before it is devoid of leaves.
The leaves that have fallen are browning as they start to decompose.  They are slowly spreading across the garden and many are ending up floating in the pond.  It is a daily task to clear them up now.  Happy Autumn!

1 comment:

Diane said...

We noticed the moon last night - It was amazing - your photos are really great and very atmospheric.