As the weather has improved this week we decided to go shopping to find heathers to replace the dead plants that we took out last week. We found lots of heathers at one of the local garden centres at a discount price of 50p per plant (was £2.99). 24 plants secured in two visits, it was time to clear the bed and plant them.
Back to the gardening and I decided to strip the lower branches from the overgrown conifer at the side of then steps. Originally we were going to take this plant out as it was obstructing the path, but it is such a healthy conifer that a trim was the easy option.
The next job will be to remove a dead Kilmarnock Willow from the other side of the garden. I have a wish to build a new pond where the tree is situated, next to the existing pond. That would allow me to transfer the newts and frogs and make it possible to drain and repair the old pond. (maybe!.....;-)