Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas

 Waking up this morning is as always - the chores first, then the merriment.  With the cooler and inclement weather, bird numbers are increasing on the feeders.  The Goldfinches are back as regulars and I have seen Starling, Greenfinch, Thrush, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit and Blackbird feeding with the Sparrows.
 All is calm in the household and the cat and teddy bear refuse to go out until the sun shines.  Santa has been good to me and delivered the flight simulator software for X-Plane 10 Global.  I am looking forward to flying a DHC-1 Chipmunk out of RAF Newton, as I used to fly from there in my Air Cadet years.  Of course, my computer does not have the graphics capacity to run this software, but my brother has provided me with a suitably impressive graphics card.
All I need to do now is build a computer around the graphics card and I am airborne!  Don't you just love the challenge of computer technology?  With the sales looming, this may not be such a problem as it seems.  Hope my pension payment arrives in my account soon.
Happy New year.

No comments: