Saturday 4 April 2020

Sorting the garden

One of the big issues in the garden last year was the Badgers eating my crop.  This year I have been looking at the cost of a polytunnel - Then Lockdown happened.
My "Heath Robinson" solution is to use an old gazebo frame which was lying in the Garden Shed to form a canopy over two raised beds.  I have sent for some fine garden nettings to be delivered, and I am looking to make an entry frame from the remains of my old fencing panels and a bit of spare timber over the next week.  Then I can start planting out with confidence.
The bit of garden bed near the front fence has never been a success, so we are stripping it out and laying grass.  The turf is coming from the pathways between the raised beds under the newly developing veggitunnel.
This job will take a few days as we plan to rescue and re-use many of the plants.  Our summer gazebo will be erected on this area of lawn in a few days time.  It is currently boxed and on the conservatory floor.  At least we will be able to cope with all weathers if we have to stay at home for months.

Addition:
 A day later and the Hydranga has been moved, the fence post levelled and repacked and the grass laid half way across the fence. Monday may see the job finished.

Job Done:
Monday saw the job finished.  Now it's just a case of run the lawn mower over it once in a while.



No comments: