Saturday 15 December 2012

Write Off

 Alas my car is no more - it is a technical write off.  I have driven this car since 2002 from new and it was just shy of 100,000 miles on the clock, still with its factory fitted exhaust and clutch.
I have to thank a boy racer in a white estate car and a woolly hat for pulling across my path when I was overtaking another car.  He had just entered the carriageway from a slip road and was travelling at least 20mph faster than the fastest car on the carriageway.  I braked hard to avoid a side on collision and lost traction on a very wet road, spinning off into the crash barrier.  The offending boy was travelling too fast and paying too little attention to be involved in the incident that he had created by his dangerous driving.
I now have a car which was previously worth £900 that has over £2000 pounds worth of damage, mainly a bent stub axle on the rear wheel, damaged rear panels and two bent wheel rims.
A new car is required......O-Hum!..... lucky that no one was hurt.  Does anyone want a Vauxhall Agila 1.2 for spares or repairs?

No comments: