Saturday 26 August 2023

Tidying up

 

The meadow area at the side of the garden is now past its best and everything has seeded.  Last week I removed the grass  and tree supports from the new Victoria Plum tree at the end of the meadow area.  This week I removed the grass and tree supports from around the Czar Plum tree. Next week I shall do the same around the Birch tree at the other end of the meadow area, this side of the Arch.

Taking back the meadow area in sections and using hand cutters allows the wildlife to move away and identifies any unusual things in  that area.

This fungus was growing below the grass layer. It looks like Yellow Club Fungus (Clavulinopsis helvola).  This is a common fungus on on unimproved and acidic grassland and I have not seen this in our garden before. Looks like my lawn area is turning into a meadow grassland!

This pic was taken at the Wolseley Nature Reserve.  I have seen this Terrapin in the ponds there some years ago and it is still going strong.  The duck did not stay in the best sun-spot very long.



No comments: