Monday 5 February 2024

The Crown

 I have a few crowns on my teeth and the first was fitted in the late 1980's by my dentist in  Spalding, Lincolnshire - about 35 years ago. It detached from the tooth base yesterday and I now have an appointment with my new dentist in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, tomorrow.  I am hoping that it can be re-attached without any fuss.

This crown has taken a battering in all of that time. The tooth that was opposed to this was removed last year.  The one thing I did notice is that the fabric of the crown has been worn down to the adhesive on the lingual (lip side) surface. I hope this is not a problem.....!

 

P.S. The crown is too badly worn to refit.  I now have an appointment for the prep and fitting of a new zirconian white crown.  That will be fun. I have put the gold crown in my fossil cabinet.


No comments: