Thursday 14 March 2024

SuperZoom

 I have just received delivery of a used Tamron 150-600mm lens with a Nikon F mount fitting.  I have not owned a lens with this range before and have not had this magnifying power since the 1970's


This lens is on my Nikon D5000 camera and it replaces my Nikkor 33-300mm lens for the time being. The weight of the lens will need the camera shoulder strap removing and  I will eventually get a shoulder harness for the lens.

This is one of my test images.  It is of the island on Trentham Lake, showing 2 Canada Geese.  My 300mm lens would have captured almost half of the island.  Notice the Beaver gnawed tree to the left of the geese.

The original image is too large to load to the blog, but this cut-out and reduced section just about shows the beaver tooth marks in the wood.

I seldom manage to take a good picture of a crow. This one worked out OK.

Nice lens!


No comments: