Wednesday 3 April 2024

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Rosie said "What's that bird?" - I was looking at a pigeon on the lawn from the kitchen. "No the one on the Fat Ball". OK! I had my big lens nearby, waiting to be put away, so I extracted it from its case, opened the associated camera body case and mounter the camera body onto the lens, removed the locks and caps, set the focus and switched on the camera. The woodpecker was still on the fat ball.


I did not expect to be able to take this picture. It is hand held from the kitchen, through the length of the conservatory and a double glazed window and onto the top lawn.  600mm focal length on a half frame camera is more like an 850 mm lens on a full frame camera.

This super-zoom will go down to 150mm, so I turned around and took a photograph of the bread I had just baked, across the other side of the kitchen.


I do like this camera/lens combination.

No comments: