Sunday 28 April 2024

Wren

 We recently popped over to Wedgwood to walk in the far end of Hem Heath Woods.  The bluebells were out in profusion, so I took my D3200 with a 18-105mm Nikkor lens and just casually slung my D5200 with its 55-300mm Nikkor lens over my shoulder. The bluebells were magnificent in the low morning sun and the birdsong was continuous.

The zoom lens was briefly used to snap a Wren in the distance and the casual picture was really quite a good image.

This was at the 300mm range with bright sunlight from the left and the background blurred out by the narrow focal range at this magnification. At the same time, the Merlin app on my phone picked up the song from this bird and identified it as a Eurasian Wren.

It is a very small bird in a big forest.

 

We saw the bluebells too.


No comments: