Friday 16 April 2021

Covid-19 survey test

 

last week I was invited to participate and enrolled on a test program to investigate the spread and infection of Covid-19 in the UK.  I filled out a questionnaire on line and received a test kit in the post.  The test is an antigen test to see who, in a randomly chosen large sample of people have had Cov2 or who are infected at time of test.  This may enable tracking to determine the spread and coverage of this infection in the general population.

This is one of a series of independent tests to look at the infection of the Pandemic within the UK.  In this case the subjects were selected at random from current national GP patient lists.

OK, I have booked a day for the courier to pick up my sample.  I must now do the test on the morning of the pickup day and store the test in the fridge until the courier arrives.  I should have my results within a week.

The following week I should get my second Covid jab, so its all go at present.

No comments: