Monday 22 March 2021

Recycling the netting

 In December, heavy snowfall collapsed my garden insect cage.

This structure was a cheap way of keeping the cats and badgers off of our vegetables.  It worked a treat and gave us some good quality produce.  After the event, I stripped the structure down and decided it was not viable to repair the frame.
Yesterday, with a bit of good warm weather, I was able to un-stitch and stretch out the netting on the garden.  There was no significant damage to each piece so I can recycle it to create a better defence for the Vegetable beds this year.
I did have a little helper to make sure that when I was rolling up the nets, they did not blow up in the wind.  It was of course a calm day, but it kept Maybell happy for half an hour!

Now I have a set of rolled up netting with which to start my next plant protection project.

Now I just need a little more good weather to enable me to clear out and clean the Greenhouse for this years planting.


No comments: