Monday 10 May 2021

My first bus

I have been working on a scenery model for the X-Plane flight simulator.  Kirton Lindsey is a gliding airfield occupying the grass runways of the old Kirton Lindsey airfield.  The clubhouse and control on site is an old bus with a chequered paint scheme.

As there is no previously designed model for this vehicle, I have made my own static version of it.  The model is generic as there are a couple of other airfields with a similar bus, and this model will work for all of them.  This is my first attempt at a bus.
From the controls of my glider it looks the part - it is a bit angular, but that is OK as it will not be seen too close up.

Looking down on the airfield from the landing circuit, it is a distinct marker for the active end of the runway.

A few days ago I had my second Covid vaccination - Astra Zenica - and I must say that I have experienced no discomfort or side effects at all.  Having been immunised, I do feel more secure about the pandemic, but I am still following the guidelines. Looking forward to the next phase of coming out of lock down and being able to see friends and family "face to face".


 

No comments: