Saturday 12 February 2022

The start of planting out

With the weather staring to improve, it is a good time to start the planting for this year.  I have planted a small tray of tomatoes and re-potted the seedlings ready for the greenhouse.  I have also prepared my potatoes ready for planting.

I have 4 easy harvest potato pots from Wilco on-line and three varieties of early cropping potatoes.  A trip to the garden centre has also provided bags of John Innes No2 and No3 compost for the pots and seedlings.

I am planting 3 potatoes in each pot, which will then go into the Greenhouse in a water tray.  The remaining potatoes will go into our middle raised bed with a little fertilizer to set them off - probably at the end of the month.  There is a layer of horticultural grit below the soil in each pot.

Feels like spring is not far away.


No comments: