Tuesday 24 May 2022

First Potatoes

 The Potatoes that I potted up in February are showing signs of dying back, so I thought I would investigate the state of crop development and open one pot.

The pots are easy to handle, just take out the liner and expose the soil.  One plant out of three was yellowing, so I looked at that side of the pot liner.
When exposed, they were the size of small new potatoes of the variety Nicola.  It was clear that this plant was not going to produce any more and the other 2 plants in this pot were growing well

I took a selection of tubers for one meal and put the liner back in the pot, added the compost back and watered it well.  I like these pots.

This image was taken some days ago.  It is the resident Vixen sitting at the top of our wildflower meadow. She is very much at home in our garden, but not at all people friendly, keeping a very good distance from us.  We give her lots of space.

No comments: