Saturday 30 December 2023

Last decades fossils!

Going through my E-mails today I came across a note from Wordpress on how I could improve my blog. Not this one, but one I did in 2012.

https://fossiladay.wordpress.com/

I was surprised that this 11 year old blog was still working as it has not been accessed for a long time. If you search for it on the internet, the activity is so low that it does not show on the first 5 pages.

The purpose of this blog was to look at one fossil each day from my collection and comment briefly on it, for a whole year - 31 Dec 2011 to 31 Dec 2012.

Much of my fossil collection has been passed on to others.  I have kept the trilobites and pterosaur material.  The bulk of the fossils have gone to private collectors and the stone tools and skull models have gone to Creswell Crags education centre as a donation.

It was interesting to look back on the fossils I had then.


No comments: