Wednesday 10 January 2024

Ouch!

 On Thursday, I was eating a soft roll for lunch and halfway through the meal there was a loud pop in my head and my Jaw ceased up.  The left side was painful to move and I could feel pressure behind the left side of the jawbone. After a while the jaw was more mobile and a little uncomfortable.

Time to call the GP.  We are unable to contact doctors directly and are required to fill out a Triage form on line. I did that and added my telephone number as a point of contact. I was offered an appointment at 1:15pm, but the doctor sent me an E-Mail to a defunct e-mail address and I eventually received it at 7:10pm - missed appointment.

I rang the surgery the next morning and was asked to fill out another Triage form.  This time I was telephoned by the clinical practitioner and given an appointment the following morning at 8am. Oh Joy!

When I eventually came face to face with a GP, the discussion we had, seemed to indicate that I had had a cyst behind my jaw, which had burst and filled my left masticator muscle with fluid.

A few days on, this diagnosis seems to be correct as I am having pain in the muscle when eating, but the condition is slowly improving. I expect to be irritated by this problem for a couple of weeks or so, but am pleased that it turned out to be something straight forward and not a more serious issue.

Regarding the E-Mail address that is on the NHS patient service site, I tried to log on to the site and eventually found a page that allowed me to add an additional E-Mail address, but because I was working with an old E-Mail link that is unable to send, I was unable to confirm the change with the sites security check.  There is no contact information available to proceed any further with that one........

When AI takes over, I am up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Ah! - I can redirect the E-Mail from my old NTL address to my new Virgin Media one - now I just need to find out if I can do that in the real world. NTL was taken over by Virgin Media more than a decade ago and the Virgin Media techs do not know how to close the old E-Mail or how to get it working again.  They do not have access codes for that part of the old NTL servers. These are the people we rely on to communicate with others.

No comments: